Monday, June 20, 2011

In a Funk...

I'm not sure why I'm not feeling like my energetic self right now. I suspect it is a combination of several things happening at the same time. I'm just not 100% physically, and that makes me not 100% mentally.  Last week I had a twinge of groin pain after a core workout, then I ran 2.5 miles Friday as part of the 10k Training program. Yes, then it became more than a twinge. It hurt! I did the new stretches I learned in the training program, and it helped. Saturday was an early morning training run. We had to meet at the park at 7am, which meant I had to be out of the house by 6am, which meant I had to be up by at least 5:15 am, and I am NOT a morning person! I never run in the morning, unless it's a race day. My hubby went with me to go on his own run through the park while I ran with my training group. My groin was tender when I got up, but I thought the scheduled easy 3.5 mile run might be just the thing to get it loosened up. During the run it felt fine, a little tight and tender after, but I spent plenty of time on post run stretching. I thought it would be ok. It got worse as the day went on. I was feeling exhausted from the early run and painful groin, so I took a nap, hoping I would feel better. Woke up sluggish and just not myself. Sunday... still not feeling very good. I was frustrated because I don't want to get behind in my 10k training, I need to keep my miles up, so taking time off running is not what I want to do. It was extremely windy and hot on Sunday, which always makes me out of sorts. And I didn't get to see my dad on Father's Day. I called, but he wasn't home, so I could only leave a message. I also quit taking my allergy medication this weekend, so I have had headaches off and on, too. All this creates a perfect storm for a funk to brew!

My training schedule has 13 miles on it this week, so I am tossing out any negativity right now! I'm going out to do my 3 mile run in a few minutes and I'm going to feel great! I am going to set up a Pilate's session this week and do a duet with my daughter. It was her idea, and it couldn't come at a better time. My youngest daughter will be arriving from Utah tomorrow, and I can't wait to see her! I have so many things to be excited about, sometimes I just need a reminder. Sure, I have a bunch of stuff at home that is not going exactly as planned, and I have been disappointed that things aren't perfect, but I have decided that I am perfectly happy with what IS going as planned!

This is going to be a great week!

Shelly

Living... one day at a time. Patience, Shelly, patience!
Laughing... at the pure honesty that comes from my grand kids mouths.
Loving... sharing my frustrations, and realizing things are not as bad as I imagine them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment