Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here we go...!

Today is my very first blog post and I'm going to try to post regularly to keep track of my running/workout schedule.  Hopefully, I will see some progress as I work toward my goal of a half marathon in November.

Yesterday was back to the gym after 4 days off for the Memorial Weekend.  I could have run at home over the weekend, but the weather has been uncooperative, and I am a fair weather runner.  My Wednesday program of strength/core training took about 45 minutes. It kicks my butt, I couldn't finish the last ab set of "window wipers" and "declining russian twists".  Then I ran 1 mile at 9:13 and was done. Tired out.  I definitely do better with consistant daily training.

Today no core training, just a nice easy run.  I want to do 3.5 miles at my 9:15 pace.  Time is factor today too, since I have a lot to do at home after the gym.  No work out tomorrow because we are going to my little cousin's high school graduation. She is so cute, and seems just like yesterday she was a baby!  I will do my Friday core training on Saturday.  There, I wrote it down, so now I have to do it!! It's hard for me to go to the gym on a weekend.  There is so much I feel like I need to do at home, instead.

The plan for the coming week is a short run on Sunday in my neighborhood, Monday core training, Tuesday is my 3.5 run, Wednesday is core training, Thursday is easy run/walk for 30 minutes, Friday easy on the core training, then my 5K race is Saturday! Can't wait to see if I can get a better time than my last 5K, since I have started my core/strength training. That's my plan, let's see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment